CNS Studies/CSF Sampling
One of our top 3 therapeutic areas is CNS. We conduct about 60-80 CNS-related studies each year safely with our Neurologic and psychiatric Specialists.
In 2013, we developed the procedures and started to conduct studies involving CSF sampling by a lumbar puncture for clinical trials for the first time in Japan. Currently, CSF samplings in healthy volunteers (young & elderly) are only available at SOUSEIKAI.
To date, we have successfully conducted 14 CSF sampling studies.
- Subjects: Alzheimer's Disease Patients, Healthy Male/Female Elderly Volunteers, ARAD (Asymptomatic at Risk for Alzheimer's Dementia) Subjects, or Healthy Young Volunteers.
- Total CSF Samplings: 597 times.
- Repeated CSF Samplings: Intervals of 48 hrs, 2 weeks, 1 month
CNS TESTS EXPERIENCES
- CSF Sampling
- Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR)
- Karolinska Sleepiness Scale (KSS)
- Digital Symbol Substitution Test (DSST)
- Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
- Computerized Psychomotor Vigiliance Test(CPVT)
- Mini-Mental State Examination(MMSE)
- State-Trait Anxiety Inventory(STAI)
- Simulator Sickness Questionnaire
- Driving Simulator
- Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire (LSEQ)
- Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised (WMS-R)
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS)
- Polysomnography Test (PSG)
- Profile of Mood States (POMS)
- Krapelin Test
- Saccadic Eye Movement (SEM) Test
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test(MWT)
- McGill's Pain Questionnaire
- Cold Pressor Pain Evaluation