Achievements - 2020
- Ohfuji S, Deguchi M, Tachibana D, Koyama M, Takagi T, Yoshioka T, Urae A, Ito K, Kase T, Maeda A, Kondo K, Fukushima W, and Hirota Y. "Safety of influenza vaccination on adverse birth outcomes among pregnant women: a prospective cohort study in Japan." International Journal of Infectious Diseases 93:68-76, 2020. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2020.01.033
- Fukusumi M, Kanagawa Y, Ohfuji S, Miyazaki K, Matsui T, Mizoguchi K, Yuguchi Y, Fukushima W, Oishi K, Hirota Y. "Risk of seasonal influenza by occupation in a railway company in a metropolitan area of Japan during three influenza seasons. "Jpn J Infect Dis 73(4):268-271, 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.7883/yoken.JJID.2019.245.
- Kawamoto T, Miyake Y, Tanaka K, Nagano J, Sasaki S, Hirota Y. "Maternal prenatal stress and infantile wheeze and asthma: The Osaka Maternal and Child Health Study." J Psychosom Res. 2020 Aug;135:110143. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychores.2020.110143. Epub 2020 May 17.
- Kase T, Inoue M, Morikawa S, Kumashiro H, Hiroi S, Nakata K, Ito K, Ishibashi M, Tsuru T, Irie S, Maeda A, Ohfuji S, Fukushima W, Hirota Y. "Comparison of immunogenicity between candidate influenza A(H3N2) virus vaccine strains in Japan: A randomized controlled trial using a monovalent vaccine of A/Saitama/103/2014 (CEXP-002) and A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 (X-263)." Vaccine 38(42):6524-6532, 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2020.08.025.
- Kobayash Y, Ohfuji S, Kondo K, Fukushima W, Sasaki S, Kamata N, Yamagami H, Fujiwara Y, Suzuki Y, Hirota Y, for the Japanese Case-Control Study Group for Ulcerative Colitis. "Association of dietary fatty acid intake with the development of ulcerative colitis: A multicenter case-control study in Japan." Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020 Jun 8;izaa140. doi: 10.1093/ibd/izaa140.
- Washio M, Kondo K, Fukushima W, Ohfuji S, Fujisawa N, Matsumoto T, Tashiro H, Nogami H, Iwanaga T, Nakanishi Y, Kitazono T, Suzuki, Hirota Y. "Hypoalbuminemia, pneumococcal vaccination and the risk of community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly: a case-control study in Southern Japan." International Medical Journal 27(1) :24-27, 2020.
Achievements - 2019
- Suzuki K, Kondo K, Washio M, Kan S, Adachi S, Imai S, Yoshimura K, Ota C, Ohfuji S, Fukushima W, Maeda A, Hirota Y, and the Study Group for Pneumonia in the Elderly Individuals. "Preventive effects of pneumococcal and influenza vaccines on community-acquired pneumonia in older individualsin Japa: A case-control study." Hum Vaccin Immunother 2019. DOI: 10.1080/21645515.2019.1584023
- Ohfuji S, Ito K, Inoue M, Ishibashi M, Kumashiro H, Hirota Y, Kayano E, Ota N. "Safety of live attenuated varicella-zoster vaccine in patients with underlying illnesses compared with healthy adults: A prospective cohort study." BMC Infect Dis.. 2019 Jan 28;19(1):95. doi: 10.1186/s12879-019-3719-7.
- Kondo K, Ohfuji S, Watanabe K, Yamagami H, Fukushima W, Ito K, Suzuki Y, Hirota Y, for the Japanese Case-Control Study Group for Crohn’s disease. "The association between environmental factors and the development of Crohn’s disease with focusing on passive smoking: A multicenter case-control study in Japan." PLOS ONE 14(6): e0216429. June 7, 2019.
- Fukushima W, Morikawa S, Matsumoto K, Fujioka M, Matsushita T, Kubota M, Yagi Y, Takasaki Y, Shindo S, Kiyomatsu Y, Hiroi S, Nakata K, Ito K, Maeda A, Kondo K, Kase, Ohfuji S, and Hirota Y. (as Japanese contributors) September 2019 Interim estimates of inﬂuenza vaccine eﬀectiveness for the 2019 southern hemisphere season and ﬁnal estimates for the 2018/19 northern hemisphere season. WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Inﬂuenza on behalf of The Global Inﬂuenza Vaccine Eﬀectiveness (GIVE) Collaboration (contributors per study site listed at the end) 24th September 2019.
- Kobayashi Y, Ohfuji S, Kondo K, Fukushima W, Sasaki S, Kamata N, Yamagami H, Fujiwara Y, Suzuki Y, Hirota Y, for the Japanese Case-Control Study Group for Ulcerative Colitis. "Association between dietary iron and zinc intake and development of ulcerative colitis: A case-control study in Japan." J Gastroenterol Hepatol. DOI:10.1111/jgh.14642 First published: 01 March 2019
Achievements - 2018
- Ohfuji S, Deguchi M, Tachibana D, Koyama M, Takagi T, Yoshioka T, Urae A, Ito K, Kase T, Maeda A, Kondo K, Fukushima W, Hirota Y, and for the Osaka Pregnant Women Influenza Study Group. "Protective effect of maternal influenza vaccination on influenza in their infants: a prospective cohort study." J Infect Dis. 217(6): 878–886, 2018.
- Ito K, Mugitani A, Irie S, Ishibashi M, Takasaki Y, Shindo S, Yokoyama T, Yamashita Y, Shibao K, Koyanagi H, Fukushima W, Ohfuji S, Maeda A, Kase T, Hirota Y. "Prior vaccinations improve immunogenicity of inactivated influenza vaccine in young children aged 6 months to 3 years: A cohort study." Medicine (Baltimore) 97(29):e11551, JUL 2018. DOI: 10.1097/MD.0000000000011551
- Fukushima W, Morikawa S, Fujioka M, Matsushita T, Kubota M, Yagi Y, Takasaki Y, Shindo S, Yamashita Y, Yokoyama T, Kiyomatsu T, Hiroi S, Nakata K, Matsumoto K, Ito K, Ohfuji S, Maeda A, Kase T, and Hirota Y, (as Japanese contributors). "September 2018 Interim estimates of influenza vaccine effectiveness for the 2018 southern hemisphere season and final estimates for the 2017/18 northern hemisphere season compiled by WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza on behalf of The Global Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness (GIVE) Collaboration (contributors per study site listed at the end) 20th September 2018."
- Takechi M, Fukushima W, Nakano T, Inui M, Ohfuji S, Kase T, Ito K, Kondod K, Maeda, Shimizu H, Hirota Y. "Nationwide survey on pediatric inpatients of hand, foot and mouth disease, herpangina, and associated complications during epidemic period in Japan: Estimated number of patients and factors associated with severe cases." J Epidemiol 2018 Nov 10. doi: 10.2188/jea.JE20180060